This post is dedicated to Funke Bucknor-Obruthe. I follow her on Instagram, and it is such a joy to see her posts. Her fun side just shines through, she is very engaging with her followers, and her enthusiasm for her job leaps off the screen. She is the mother of event planning in Nigeria, and does such an amazing job, her pictures make you stop and stare for a second. Gosh, a lot goes into what these people do. The way they transform an empty space is just sheer magic.
Like me, Funke doesn’t like the taste of water. I know, it is weird, but ugh, I don’t like drinking water at all. Like Funke too, I love me some coke. You know what has helped me battle with my struggle with coke? Mineral water. Sparkling mineral water to be exact. I tell you, it gives you that soda feeling, it doesn’t taste like water, and it tricks your brain into thinking you are not consuming water. I have lost a lot and I mean a looooooooot of belly fat since I quit coke in January.
I am still struggling with Maltina, but my mineral water bottle is with me every day now, and I am drinking at least a litre a day. I will recommend it to anyone struggling with sodas. Buy mineral water, or it is sometimes called spring water. Don’t buy still, but sparkling. It fizzes like coke, it has this sharp taste on your tongue, it doesn’t feel like drinking water at all, and guess what it has zero calories.
I found this picture on Instagram, and I though whoa, I am so going to try that.
Image courtesy Yummy Life HERE
I know about fruit infused water, but ugh, it still tastes like water. This definitely doesn’t. It tastes like a carbonated drink, which is partly responsible for our addiction to sodas. It isn’t just the sugar. So, get the best of both worlds. A carbonated drink that is sweet, but instead of processed sugar, you are drinking fruit. Win-Win. I was working with frozen fruit, so I had to use my hand blender, and I also crushed the ice too. You don’t have to. Imagine the possibilities, and fruit options you can try with this. Let’s Mix
- Your choice of fruit
- Ice cubes
- Sparkling Mineral Water
- Place your choice of fruit in the bottom of a glass. I used strawberries, pomegranates and raspberries. I wanted a red fruit soda, you can use whichever fruit combinations you like
- Use a fork, or a hand blender to pulp to mush.
- Add crushed ice,, or whole ice cubes
- Pour over your bottle of mineral water
- Voila, a pretty delicious fizzy drink that is good for you and tastes great too. It takes all of 1 minute. Think about it, a can of coke will take you 2 minutes to drink, but more than 40 minutes of brisk walking to burn off. Try a fruity soda instead
Throwing any party this weekend, or just chilling at home, make a Fizzy smoothie