Hi everyone, we survived monday, lol, so I hope your week is rolling along nicely. To give you some bit of good news and more things to look forward to, I’ll like to give you a list of recipes that will be coming up
- Dipping sauces – I took on the challenge to make mayonnaise from scratch. Phew, I have never had to stress over something that much in my kitchen. Luckily, I got it right, and refined the recipe to my taste and a flavour I know you guys will appreciate. So, be on the lookout for homemade mayonnaise 9ja style. I made two kinds, one plain which will serve as the base for anything else you want to add and another garlic and lemon flavoured with a hint of chilli. They are so good, the people who tasted it knew for sure that it wasn’t processed. Sorry, Heinz, you guys just lost a customer. As for the third homemade dipping sauce, I’ll just leave you guys to guess what it can be. Lol
- In the spirit of dipping sauces, of course you know I had to pair it with something fried. Well, I’ve taken fried yam a step further. A little hint will be Yamarita. Those of you who are customers of a popular confectionery in Lagos, Nigeria will know what I am talking about. I am bringing Yamarita into your homes, dipping sauce and all. Oops, I just gave away my hint above. Lol. The other fried food is seafood. Yummy, crunchy and delicious, so be on the lookout for that.
- Aanu’s baking corner has been launched, and it will be a first of many posts. Inspired by her, I have decided to tackle pastry. I will be posting my recipe for Deluxe Meat pies.
- For my readers who have asked for healthy recipes for people on a diet, I have been considering you guys and I will be posting a healthy recipe using Salmon. If you don’t have access to salmon, you can make this dish with Crocker fish. Salmon a la paripaso it is called. if you are a member of the So you think you can cook Facebook Group, you may have seen this posted by Emeka. I am using his recipe, and I added my own little spin on it.
- I walked past the aisle in the supermarket yesterday and I spotted Coconut. I will be hosting two of my very good friends this weekend, so Coconut rice it is. Creamy, simple and oh so delicious served with barbecued ribs. In the meantime, a popular breakfast favourite is Tapioca, and it goes soooooo well with coconut. Look out for me plating Tapioca beautifully. Who said cereal breakfast can’t look posh and inviting. Lol
- Malta has been on my mind lately, and some genius idea has been brimming in my head regarding that country. Fingers crossed. I will be sharing with you my experience of Malta, a gorgeous country you all should be considering for your next holiday. One of my favourite moments in Malta is food related. Something as simple as pancakes, but this is not just any type of pancake but Crepes Suzette. I will also be posting a video on the Facebook Page showing how it is made, so please remember to Like the Facebook page so you can share in the experience.
Okay, I will leave you with that, before you start dreaming of food at work. Thanks again for visiting my blog, and I look forward to interacting with you more this week. Cheers